As an accredited child-minder, I am able to offer fully funded places for eligible children under the "Free Childcare for two-year olds" scheme.
Funding is available from the term after a child's second birthday. Children who qualify for a place can receive 570 hours of free early education (normally delivered as up to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks per year). To be eligible for a place, parents have to meet the following qualifying criteria: Be in receipt of any one or more of the following support payments:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Entitled to Child Tax Credit but not to Working Tax Credit
Have an annual income not exceeding £16,190 (as of 6 April 2012), as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. A child whose parent is entitled to the Working Tax Credit four-week run-on (the payment someone receives for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit) is also entitled.
You also need to be a resident of the London Borough of Hillingdon. If you live in another borough, please check with them to see if you will qualify for this funding.